Sarah’s Fight for HOPE is a charitable, New Jersey based nonprofit organization committed to providing HOPE and help to children battling cancer and their families.
Our goal is to raise awareness, provide needed resources and help fund research in the HOPE that a cure is found.
Although there is nothing that prepares a child or parent fighting a life-threatening condition, we strive to provide emotional,
financial and social support to maintain as much normalcy as possible during a very difficult time in the life of the family.
Kids with cancer need us!
What is Cancer?
Cancer is a group of diseases characterized by the uncontrolled growth and spread of abnormal cells. The reason for many cancers, particularly those that occur during childhood, remains unknown.
The early diagnosis of childhood cancer is often hampered by nonspecific symptoms that are similar to those of more common childhood conditions. Childhood cancers are treated with surgery, radiation, and/or chemotherapy/targeted therapy based on the type and stage of cancer.
Facts About Childhood Cancer
Source: American Cancer Society 2017 Cancer Facts & Figures
- 1 in 285 children will be diagnosed with cancer
- New Cases: An estimated 10,270 new cancer cases will be diagnosed among children 0 to 14 years of age in the US in 2017.
- Deaths: An Estimated 1,190 cancer deaths will occur among children in 2017
- Cancer is the second leading cause of death in children ages 1-14 years, exceeded only by accidents
- More than 95% of childhood cancer survivors will have a significant health related issue by the time they are 45 years of age
"Thank you again for your support, and please pass our thanks along to everyone who helped to make this donation possible."
Dan, Operations Manager for the Children's Oncology Group Foundation